Chief People Officer (London)
Ninety Percent of Everything is looking for a progressive, visionary and business-savvy HR professional to join the team as Chief People Officer. The position is based at our central London office, near Marble Arch.
Our goal is to revolutionise the iconic industry of shipping by creating a suite of comprehensive software solutions for the Maritime industry. We are at an exciting stage of our journey. Over the next couple of years, our teams and squads will build more than 30 products from the ground up. Our team has been growing rapidly and will continue to grow over the coming months, both in the UK and overseas, as we increase our customer base.
This represents a fantastic opportunity for the right person to get in at this early stage and establish a compelling people strategy, culture and employee experience enabling the highest levels of engagement and productivity. The CPO will report directly to the CEO and be a member of the 90 PoE Leadership Team. As a strategic business partner this role will be a catalyst for change and be a creative and constructive disruptor to business thinking and approach.
Critical to the success of the role will be a strong working partnership with a shared operations HR team and specialist expertise, as required, to enable delivery of the 90PoE people strategy. The role will also have a direct report supporting HR in the Ukraine.
We are looking for someone with high energy, high EQ, strategic HR capability, and a proven track record in adding tangible value at the individual, team and organisational level.
Introduction to 90PoE
Strategy & Planning — Define the compelling people strategy informed by external trends and best practice to shape and deliver the business’ strategy and create a highly engaging and modern employee experience. This will include the operating model required to support business growth, employee performance and engagement, culture and leadership strength.
Strategic Partnering – Act as a confidante and provide expert business facing HR consultation and advice to senior leadership. Drive and deliver improvements to organisational effectiveness, design and change management via organisation development consultancy and interventions. Work in strong partnership with Operational HR to ensure delivery of reliable and compliant HR operations in support of the business.
Employee experience - Know the people in the business and ensure deep awareness of the ‘pulse’ of the organisation. Use this knowledge, coupled with external context, to share valuable insights, risks and opportunities to shape the people plan and manage performance, engagement and productivity. Coach leaders to manage high performing, engaged teams and to promote and maintain an environment of respect, dignity and inclusion aligned to the 90PoE values and behaviours.
Strategic talent management and development — In partnership with the leadership team, ensure a robust talent management strategy is in place to support delivery of the business strategy and maximise the attraction, development and retention of talent.
What we are looking for from you:
- Significant breadth and depth of HR experience enabling sound judgment and decision making
- Track record of effective strategic partnering and coaching experience, taking businesses to new levels of productivity
- Deep commercial acumen and recognition of how to use HR interventions to maximise business performance. Track record in adding value via strategic talent management, employee relations, change management, and organisational development and effectiveness
- Solutions-focus and ability to apply judgment, common sense and provide wise counsel
- Confident operating and making decisions in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment
- Highly self-aware and skilled at managing self and others
- High integrity, excellent listening skills and ability to develop strong trust-based relationships with all levels in the organisation
- Proven track record of successfully developing and inspiring others via communication and interpersonal skills, engendering followership regardless of formal reporting lines
- Ability to operate successfully across different cultural boundaries and teams, taking a highly collaborative approach
- Skilled at using organisational intelligence, external insights, trends and data to form sound strategies, enhance culture and inform business decision making
- Visibly well connected and known in external professional communities, aware of best practice and willing to actively share with, and learn from others
- Prior experience of start-ups and agile work methodologies (scrum/Kanban) in the technology segment would be an advantage
What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to shape and lead the people strategy and associated practices for an exciting new business which is disrupting a critical, centuries old industry
- A genuine invitation to partner with, coach and enhance the leadership of the business
- The ability to work with and grow a diverse team across multiple cultures in a fast paced, progressive and agile environment
- State of the art, centrally located London offices with a high-energy tech startup atmosphere
- Competitive reward package
How to apply?
Please send us an email with a cover letter and CV to OpenOcean Careers