90 Percent of Everything is looking for Data Engineer to join team in Kyiv on full-time basis.
Come join 90POE and revolutionise one of the oldest industries in the world — the maritime and shipping industry! We’re a London based startup bringing cutting edge machine learning models, cloud computing and data-driven technology to ships.
Sea-faring vessels transport more than 90% of all products across the globe every day. 90POE is building the next generation of applications that enable this to happen more efficiently, with the click of a button.
As a Data Engineer in our team, you will turbo-charge our data science processes, ensure models are running efficiently and enable our data scientists to have access to streaming data from more than 100 vessels operating on the high seas 24 hours a day.
You will also build expertise in all areas of shipping, from engine maintenance to navigation and vessel supplies. You will be a key member of a team of developers, engineers, designers, and industry experts, helping us to use data todrive key product features and business decisions.
As well as a strong background in programming and data engineering you will have an enthusiasm for using your skills to significantly improve the efficiency of transportation by sea.
What’s in it for you:
- Working with latest cutting-edge technologies
- Disrupting a century old industry in a startup environment
- Opportunity to grow and develop your core skills
- Deliver a green field system
- Work with a diverse multicultural team in an agile environment
- Variety of knowledge sharing and self-development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere, which creates good working conditions
- Opportunity to travel to client offices based in London
- Experience firsthand the squad-chapter-guild workflow model, our version of the Spotify model
- BSc or higher in a STEM subject
- Great Python programming skills
- Proficient with SQL databases
- Expert knowledge of Pandas or similar
- Skilled at ingesting and summarising large datasets
- Experience with HTTP and gRPC
- Experience with Kafka, schemas and connectors
- Enthusiasm to learn and work in a diverse team
- Bonus points:
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Grafana, and Kibana
- Experience with lower-level languages such as Fortan/C++
How to apply?
Please send us an email with a cover letter and CV to OpenOcean Careers