Ninety Percent of Everything, is looking for DevOps Engineer to join the team on a full-time permanent basis.
Our goal is to revolutionise shipping by creating a suite of comprehensive software solutions for the Maritime industry. Our journey begins now. Over the next couple of years, our teams and squads will build more than 30 products from the ground up. This includes everything from global vessel tracking to vessel performance analysis, crew optimization and so much more. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to revolutionising an iconic industry.
Introduction to 90PoE
Our tech stack consists of React, React Native and Flutter applications communicating using GraphQL to microservice containers orchestrated by Kubernetes. Internally our services use gRPC for communication, achieve high scalability thanks to Apache Kafka based event driven architecture, persist data to a mix of RDBS and No-SQL databases including PostgresDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, S3 and Elasticsearch. We follow CI/CD and agile methodologies to deploy into production multiple times per week.
What’s in it for you?
- Working with latest cutting-edge technologies
- Disrupting a century old industry in a startup environment
- Opportunity to grow and develop your core skills
- Work with a diverse multicultural team in an agile environment
- Variety of knowledge sharing and self-development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Warm atmosphere with good working conditions
- Experience firsthand the squad-chapter-guild workflow model, our version of the Spotify model
- Ensure the stable operation of the platform
- Strong focus on ensuring that security best practice is implemented throughout the platform
- Work closely with development squads to support them in deploying their application and promoting them to production.
- Provide tooling to developers to improve their efficiency in operating applications.
- Continuous improvement of all CI/CD processes.
- Provide tooling to give developers visibility into the way that their systemsare running.
- Regular and clear communication of progress to the DevOps Lead
- Full hands-on technical experience
- Proficiency in:
- Linux OS, RHCE (RedHat Certified Engineer) level exam or similar
- IoT devices deployments
- EFK Logging
- Advanced use of git
- Understanding of Cloud Native system architecture
Nice to have:
- AWS (IAM, VPCs, Subnets, EC2, RDS, Route53)
- AWS Sys Admin or Architect Certification
- Istio service Mesh
- Deploying and operating Hashicorp Vault
- Deploying and operating a Kafka cluster
- Development skills (Golang, Node.js)
- Experience of Open Tracing (Jaeger)
- Experience of GitOps
- Postgres and MongoDB
Demonstrated track record and proficiency in the points below::
- Deliver features autonomously with a high degree of team coordination
- Deliver code based on precise architecture spec
- Deliver code without relying on precise architecture spec
- Automated testing
- Working with CI/CD practices
- Delivering code to production
- Maintaining production ready code
- Collaborating in small but fast paced teams
- Event driven architecture and message passing
More about you
- Good level of English
- Willingness to learn and open mind about new technologies
- Confident to operate in a fast-paced environment
- A collaborative approach and willingness to engage in an environment of active idea sharing
- Ability to learn autonomously
- Excellent all-round communications skills
How to apply?
If you are interested – please send your CV to OpenOcean Careers