Posting date: 25 August 2020
Closing date: 21 September 2020
90PoE is a company with a goal to revolutionise shipping by creating a suite of comprehensive software solutions for the Maritime industry. Our journey begins now. Over the next couple of years, our teams and squads will build more than 30 products from the ground up. This includes everything from global vessel tracking to vessel performance analysis, crew optimisation and so much more.
To profoundly advance the safety, efficiency and reliability of the shipping industry through the application of digital technologies.
90PoE’s mission is ambitious. It’s not going to be easy but with the support and determination from our stakeholders and the brilliant people we have hired we can achieve anything. We’re seeking an experienced Head of Data Science to steer our in-house team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers who are working on a suite of Machine Learning models that are key to our goal to revolutionise the commercial maritime industry. This is an incredible opportunity to help to build on our success in several challenging domains, including Digital Twin vessel modelling, Route Optimisation, Crew Assignment and Travel Optimisation, by bringing your Data Science expertise, coaching and leadership skills to 90PoE.
Your new team consists of 7 highly qualified Data Scientists and Engineers who are responsible for delivering ML and AI models that can help solve and optimise inefficiencies and opportunities in the vast global market of the commercial maritime industry. Your work has the ability to impact our customers’ efficiency in terms of costs, consumption and environmental impact. Your team will gain not only from your experience and knowledge of your domain but also from your collaborative and results-driven style.
What’s in it for you
90PoE is a growing start-up, championing real change in the shipping industry. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to revolutionising an iconic industry.
As Head of Data Science at 90PoE you and the team will help us to extract, process and analyse data coming from more than 100 vessels on the high seas or berthed in busy loading ports across America, Europe and Asia. You will also generate insights and build deep expertise in all areas of shipping, from engine maintenance to navigation and vessel supplies. You will be a key member of a diverse team of developers, engineers, designers and industry experts, helping them to use data to drive key product features and business decisions.
You will demonstrate our values, strive for excellence, engage and motivate those around you and be accountable for your contribution to the team’s priorities. You have the chance to contribute to your and the company’s growth in:
- Scaling our data, ML models and services
- Developing novel model training methodologies and maritime solutions
- Defining and scoping research activities and model development
- Responding to the unique challenges of maritime with tailored Maritime AI
What you will be responsible for
- Continuous improvement mentality
- Incredible work ethic, drive and passion
- Excellent internal and external rapport builder/people skills, establishing strong relationships
- The ability to advocate for good ideas regardless of where they come from
- Demonstrable experience in BSc or higher in a STEM subject
- Strong numerical skills, able to analyse and optimise our Data Science work streams
- Good understanding of
- Python programming skills
- Leading and coaching colleagues
- Fluency in English and strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Being accountable for your contribution to achieving company priorities
It would be great if you have
- Worked in a Maritime setting already
- Superb visualisation skills
- A passion to learn and work in a diverse team
- A strong track record in modelling Physical conditions
- eep understanding and experience creating, training and testing mathematical models
- Proven experience in
- SQL databases
- Pandas or similar tool
- We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- We have a positive attitude to flexible working, a competitive annual holiday allowance and supportive family polices
- We have a culture of which we are proud, a highly skilled and diverse workforce as well as impressive offices in central London and Kyiv
If you would like to join our team and be part of this exciting journey, please get in touch.
How to apply?
If you are interested – please send your CV to OpenOcean Careers