HR Specialist (Kyiv)
Ninety Percent of Everything is looking for an HR specialist to join its team in Kyiv.
Our goal is to revolutionise the iconic industry of shipping by creating a suite of comprehensive software solutions for the Maritime industry. We are at an exciting stage of our journey. Over the next couple of years, our teams and squads will build more than 30 products from the ground up. Our team has been growing rapidly and will continue to grow over the coming months as we increase our customer base.
The team in Kyiv has grown to approximately 60 colleagues and we have a need for an HR specialist to support us with all aspects of HR.
Critical to the success of the role will be a strong working partnership with our in-house recruiter, our resource companies, and the Chief People Officer in London to whom the individual will report.
We are looking for someone with high energy, strong interpersonal skills, good operational HR experience and knowledge of Ukrainian HR work practices/legislation. The individual must be confident to operate independently at times.
Introduction to 90PoE
- Ensure delivery of reliable, compliant and secure HR operations
- Provide coaching and advice to line management aligned with the 90 POE people plan and framework, respectful of local legislation
- Support leaders with excellent execution of their line management fundamentals, ensuring robust decision making and quality conversations with team members
- Coach and support managers in making changes to their organisation and managing sensitive people decisions/activities
- Manage employee relations (ER) cases, as required, providing coaching to team leaders and driving a robust and fair process
- Be recognised as a point of contact for the team in Kyiv for HR advice.
- Stay up to date with the external legal context and work closely with managers and team members to pre-empt ER issues and risk
Recruitment, onboarding and deployment:
- Work with leaders to understand hiring plan and proactively play an active role in the recruitment process to secure strong performers with the right values and behaviours
- Own and lead the non-technical induction process to bring new recruits on board and ensure they get up to speed quickly. Coach leaders to ensure they are integrating new team members well
- Provide input and insights to managers to assist in the deployment of resources across teams as required in line with squad deployment practice
Compensation and benefits
- Manage the review and administration of local compensation and benefits programmes and support leaders with associated communication and engagement
- Support administration of any local recognition practices
- Coach leaders to maintain and promote an environment of respect, dignity and inclusion aligned to the values and behaviours
- Know the people in the business area and ensure deep awareness of the morale of the organisation. Use this knowledge to share valuable insights, risks and opportunities to influence team leader actions, team engagement and productivity.
- Support teams with the development and implementation of any local teambuilding and engagement activities
What we are looking for from you:
- Sufficient experience of delivery of HR activity in the Ukraine across the employee lifecycle (hiring to exit) to enable sound judgment and recommendations to senior management
- A genuine interest in business and experience of how to use HR interventions to maximise business performance
- Solutions-focus and ability to apply judgment, common sense and provide wise counsel
- Confident operating and making decisions in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment
- Highly self-aware and skilled at managing self and others
- High integrity, excellent listening skills and ability to develop strong trust-based relationships with all levels in the organisation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate successfully across different cultural boundaries and teams, taking a highly collaborative approach
- Able to use internal and external insights, trends and data to form sound recommendations to inform business decision making
- Connected in local HR community, aware of best practice and willing to actively share with, and learn from others
- Prior experience of start-ups and agile work methodologies (scrum/Kanban) in the technology segment would be an advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English
What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to be directly involved in delivery of the people strategy and associated practices for an exciting new business which is disrupting a critical, centuries old industry
- The ability to hold significant responsibility for the local HR agenda
- The opportunity to work with and grow a diverse team in a fast paced, progressive and agile environment
- State of the art offices with a high-energy tech startup atmosphere
- Competitive reward package
How to apply?
Please send us an email with a cover letter and CV to OpenOcean Careers