Junior Support Engineer (Kyiv)
Ninety Percent of Everything is looking for Jr. Support Engineer to join our team in Kyiv on a full-time basis.
Our goal is to revolutionise shipping by creating a suite of comprehensive software solutions for the Maritime industry. Our journey begins now. Over the next couple of years, our teams and squads will build more than 30 products from the ground up. This includes everything from global vessel tracking to vessel performance analysis, crew optimization and so much more. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to revolutionising an iconic industry.
Introduction to 90PoE
Our tech stack consists of React and React Native applications communicating using GraphQL to microservices containers orchestrated by Kubernetes. Internally our services use gRPC for communication and achieve high scalability thanks to an Apache Kafka based event driven architecture and persist data to a mix of RDBS and No-SQL databases including PostgresDB, MongoDB, S3 and Elasticsearch. We follow modern CI/CD and agile methodologies to deploy into production multiple times per week.
What’s in it for you?
- Working with latest cutting-edge technologies
- Disrupting a century old industry in a startup environment
- Opportunity to grow and develop your core skills
- Exposure to the reliability of OS for vessels at sea
- Exposure to deployment of Machine Learning models to Cloud and Vessels
- Opportunity to shape company-wide support and service procedures
- Work with a diverse multicultural team in an agile environment
- Variety of knowledge sharing and self-development opportunities
- Competitive salary and comfortable working conditions
- Experience firsthand the squad-chapter-guild workflow model, our version of the Spotify model
- Support of Linux systems, routine maintenance
- Constant monitoring, optimization, troubleshooting
- Automation of common activities
- Cooperation and communication with the devops&development team
- Fixing failures, analyzing and eliminating the cause of the failure
- 1+ years of experience as system/support engineer, working on reliability, high-availability, backup and recovery. Experience in applications configuration and optimization
- Good experience in Linux system administration, troubleshooting and optimization
- Good understanding of OSI model and network protocols
- Knowledge in monitoring tools
- Experience in automation using scripting languages like Bash & Python
- Understanding of virtualisation and containers (VM, Docker, etc)
- Version control system: GIT
- At least intermediate English level
Nice to have
- Container orchestration and clustering: Kubernetes
- Infrastructure management with Ansible, etc.
- Experience with Continuous integration tools
- Experience with Grafana/Prometheus
- Experience with ELK stack (ElasticSearch, Kibana)
- Understanding of CI/CD tools
More about you
- Willingness to learn and open mind about new technologies
- A collaborative approach and willingness to engage in an environment of active idea sharing
- Ability to learn autonomously
- Excellent all-round communications skills
How to apply?
Please send us an email with a cover letter and CV to OpenOcean Careers